[OSM-dev] API 0.6 returns 403 forbidden

Jeffrey Warren warren at mit.edu
Thu May 14 16:06:56 BST 2009

Yes, thank you. I had looked for an API policy and had not found one... I'm
looking for bulk data but in fact live bulk data... working on a live
javascript editor/renderer. I have a planet dump but had avoided working on
it since the idea is to use data as it comes in. Is there a solution for
that that's sustainable? I'm not familiar with the diffs and changesets as
I've been focused on client-side work in the past week, but if there's an
efficient way to sync my planet dump with the live dataset I'd love to do
that.
My understanding is that the planet dumps are done weekly, and downloading
changesets continuously seems not much better than hitting the API... I
suppose this may simply be outside the scope of OSM's available interfaces,
no?

Jeff