[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap/OpenLayers Presentation at SVG Open?

Doug Schepers doug at schepers.cc
Thu May 21 19:35:47 BST 2009

Hello,

I am writing this list to see if someone from the OpenStreetMap or
OpenLayers community would be interesting in participating in the SVG
Open conference this October at the Google campus in Mountain View, CA.

In the past, there have been many presentations on the topic of SVG in
mapping and GIS, thanks in large part to Andreas Neumann, the founder of
this conference series.  Andreas is a cartographer by trade, and helps
lead a significant SVG GIS effort:
  http://carto.net/

The Call for Participation (submitting abstracts) has been extended to
the end of the month (May 31):
  http://svgopen.org/2009/participate.shtml
You can register and submit abstracts here:
  https://www.svgopen.org/2009/registration.shtml
I believe SVG Open would be a great forum for presentation and
discussion of projects you are working on.  This is a great opportunity
to give feedback into other SVG projects, and even into the SVG
specification itself.

If there is a person in the OpenStreetMap/OpenLayers community who is
particularly involved in the SVG aspects of the project, and who is
interested in presenting, but who would have difficulty funding their
travel, we may be able to help find a sponsor or funding donation for
that presenter.

Please feel free to pass this along to interested parties who might not
be on this list.  Given the short notice, we may be able to accept an
abstract later than the normal deadline, since we are particularly
interested in having OSM/OL represented at the conference.

Thanks for you time and attention,
-Doug Schepers
SVG Open Organizing Committee
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs