[OSM-dev] RFC: map call to return deleted elements

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat May 23 18:34:54 BST 2009

Hi,

Matt Amos wrote:
> agreed. editors will probably have to implement some stuff to make it
> less easy for people to shoot themselves in the foot!

Well, now that Potlatch is starting to disappoint those who want to
shoot themselves in the foot, maybe it is time to offer them something
new and exciting ;-)

On thing that we could look into is this: When you download a deleted
object (via the history) and then upload that same object completely
unchanged (including "visible=false"), it thereby becomes re-activated.
Currently it is just stupid script writers who stumble over that, but I
can foresee more trouble once we start handing out deleted objects
through the "map" call. Maybe change the behaviour so that uploading
something with "visible=false" actually does keep it deleted.

Bye
Frederik