[OSM-dev] type "four_byte_unsigned" does not exist

Jeffrey Warren warren at mit.edu
Tue May 26 23:40:13 BST 2009

OK I managed to get it booted, but I encountered this error in rails:
####################################
NoMethodError in ApiController#map

The error occurred while evaluating nil.visible?
RAILS_ROOT: /Users/eco/Sites/openstreetmap

app/models/relation.rb:128:in `to_xml_node'
app/models/relation.rb:119:in `to_xml_node'
app/controllers/api_controller.rb:185:in `map'
app/controllers/api_controller.rb:184:in `each'
app/controllers/api_controller.rb:184:in `map'
Request

Parameters:

{"bbox"=>"12.4502,
41.861,
12.5341,
41.9227"}

I fixed it by modifying this line in relation.rb, to check if member.member
is nil before evaluating .visible?

This may be a very special case and doesn't need to be committed... but I'm
not that familiar with the codebase so just tell me if I should submit this
to Trac or whatever.

# /app/models/relation.rb:128

# if member.member.visible?
if member.member && member.member.visible?

Jeff