[OSM-dev] "Deep History" App

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Sep 16 08:42:41 BST 2009

On 16/09/09 01:34, andrzej zaborowski wrote:

> Let me post the link in this thread too, I think amf getway_history
> call does exactly this, except there's nothing similar for relations.
>
> http://svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/app/controllers/amf_controller.rb
>
> Curl won't be able to query amf but in C or python it should be fairly
> easy to make such a call.

No, getway_history works the other way - it starts from a way and fakes
up extra versions of that way when a node moves to generate a complete
list of "versions" of the way.

BTW do not code anything new that uses amf_controller - anything which
is can currently do that the XML API can't will have to be added to the
  XML API for Potlatch 2 anyway as AMF controller will be going away at
that point.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)