[OSM-dev] Josm bug: deleted nodes cause conflicts

malenki osm_ at malenki.ch
Mon Sep 28 21:31:54 BST 2009

Am Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:25:35 -0400
schrieb Matthias Julius <lists at julius-net.net>:

> malenki <osm_ at malenki.ch> writes:
>
> This debate will never end and is therefore pointless. I doubt you
> will convince many people to switch to a different MUA just to spare
> you from duplicates.

This was from beginning not my intention.

> Some people don't even have the choice. Has nobody come up with a
> plugin for MS Outlook, yet, that implements proper list handling?

But I still don't know why they shouldn't be able to remove all the
adresses except the list-adress when using reply-to-all. Carelessness,
lazyness, ignorance, stubborness..?

> > But what I maybe did not express well enough was: how can the MUA
> > decide if the CC-to/Send-to duplicate should be removed or the
> > duplicate from ML? Sometimes there are even triplikates (can one
> > call that so?) sent...
>
> I guess the first to arrive wins.  Unfortunately, this is usually the
> direct mail.  This is annoying when one uses list headers to sort
> mail.

Maybe the best will be: rm -rf $duplicates
So I won't get any list-mail offlist and I won't complain anymore. If
really some interesting things have been in some of these mails they
maybe will be quoted in some of the next. ^^

Gruß
malenki