[OSM-dev] osm.org userpage broken with farsi localization?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Apr 7 12:40:52 BST 2010

On 07/04/10 12:10, Claudius wrote:
> It seems that today the farsi translation for www.openstreetmap.org was
> imported from translatewiki [1]. I've set the preferred language for my
> account to "fa,de,en" and since the update I cannot access my userpage
> [2] any more getting a 500 error:
>
> This may be a problem in our Ruby On Rails code. 500 occurs with
> exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or
> broken Ruby code)
>
> Can someone with ruby knowledge please look into it or if no there's not
> time the one who imported the translation revert that farsi import please?

The problem is actually with the rails translations for farsi, which
weren't being used until now. Specifically the date.abbr_day_names
translation expands to an array which only has six day names in it...
Your account happens to have been created on the 7th day (Saturday)
which is causing the failure.

The day names we have are:

for Sunday through Friday - can you let me know if those are right, and
what the name for Saturday should be? Then I can fix it...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/