[OSM-dev] [Routing] [MoNav] Fast & exact ( mobile ) routing

VeaaC FDIRCT veaac.fdirct at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 13:48:31 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM, feverzsj <feverzsj at hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi VeaaC,
> Very impressive job, according to what it describes.
> I've investigated lots navi tool/lib based on osm. But, they are all osm
> specified, which means you can't import your own vector data. Will MoNav
> Preprocessor be able to process other vector data(e.g. ogr supported file
> with navi data inside, and import by preprocessor using some kind rule)?

MoNav is build very modular, all it takes to import another kind of
data set is for you to write a new importer plugin. The importer
plugin generates a normalized representation of the data set making
all other plugin types independent of the input format.

Nevertheless, the current rendering plugins rely either on Mapnik or
the OpenStreetMap tile server. To visualize your own data format you
would either have to write your own Mapnik stylesheet or wait until a
vector rendering plugin is available.

If you can give me some good reasons to support specific input formats
I will consider implementing an input plugin for them.

Christian Vetter