[OSM-dev] McNav vector rendering? (was: Fast & exact ( mobile ) routing)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Aug 3 13:58:03 BST 2010

VeaaC FDIRCT wrote:
> Nevertheless, the current rendering plugins rely either on Mapnik or
> the OpenStreetMap tile server. To visualize your own data format you
> would either have to write your own Mapnik stylesheet or wait until a
> vector rendering plugin is available.

Do you have plans to write a vector rendering plugin to remove the
dependency on local or remote tiles?  I'm working on an amateur radio
application called APRSISCE that runs on Windows Mobile and Win32 and
would love to be able to query for XML and do local map rendering rather
than fetching OSM tiles as I do now.  With a vector rendering solution,
I can do arbitrary scaling instead of being restricted to the 2x per
zoom level that OSM tiles provide.