[OSM-dev] [Routing] [MoNav] Fast & exact ( mobile ) routing

VeaaC FDIRCT veaac.fdirct at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 14:40:19 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Tom Müller <TMerlinM at web.de> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> interesting project!
> But how do I get the preprocessor? When I try to start the moNavC.exe it
> crahes with "No data-directory found: plugins.ini missing". So what else do
> I need?
>
> Thanks!
> Tom

For now you will have to compile the preprocessor yourself. Some
pointers are given at:
http://code.google.com/p/monav/wiki/CompileGuide
I will try to provide precompiled binaries for the preprocessor in a
few days. While I will not upload Linux binaries it is actually much
easier to compile the Linux binaries for your distribution than it is
to compile the Windows binaries.

If you just want to route using the standard car / speed profile you
can download some of the data packages at:
http://code.google.com/p/monav/wiki/Downloads#OSM_Renderer_Packages
OSM Renderer data packages need an active Internet connection to fetch
the prerendered tiles form the OpenStreetMap server. If you download
the matching Mapnik Renderer package the tiles are fetched from those
files instead. This is the recommended method for mobile devices.

Christian Vetter