[OSM-dev] aviation maps?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi
Wed Aug 11 18:36:06 BST 2010

Hi,

X-Plane project has lots of free aerial charts, see
http://data.x-plane.com/

I have checked some years ago a few of the Finnish airports and at least
in that sample the quality was excellent. License is not OSM compatible
(GPL). This is what the author says about the license:

" In summary, my interpretation of this license is that "works" published
under the protection of its terms may be redistributed and modified,
provided that this GPL remains a part of that redistribution.  Nothing
prevents you charging for any redistributed or derivative work based upon
this data ... but the terms of the GPL do not prevent (and are designed to
encourage) someone else from later amending and then redistributing your
work (or a derivative), either as free-ware or as pay-ware, under the same
GPL terms."

-Jukka Rahkonen-