[OSM-dev] Announcing: Simple Map Editor (GSoC 2010)

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Mon Aug 16 11:46:10 BST 2010

> I'd like to announce my GSoC 2010 project which is nearing completion, a
> simplified editor for OSM aimed at beginner users.

  Looks great - I hope we can apply the concepts here to create simple
editors to encourage new users to participate.

  One minor tagging note:  It uses the tag phone= for the phone number, but
that is officially a rejected tag according to the Wiki.  The recommended
tag is contact:phone=  .   However many map consumers also only use phone=
rather than contact:phone=