[OSM-dev] Mapping during license change / "safe to edit"

Wed Aug 25 23:21:22 BST 2010

At 2010-08-25 04:42, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>I'm unsure how to handle this technically since I guess that it is too
>expensive to calculate the current relicensing state of each element o the
>fly whenever it is loaded.

That may well be true, but AFAICT, we can't even know that since there is
no clear definition of what to do with the middle cases. It also makes me
think that, instead of preserving existing features, when I survey a road
or POI, I should delete it and then add it back again to make sure it falls
in one of the 100% cases. That can't be right. Has there really been no
consensus on implementation before foisting this whole thing on us?