[OSM-dev] Proposed change to JOSM

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 13:37:01 BST 2010

On 26 May 2010 22:31, Jacob Rau <jarau at mtu.edu> wrote:
>> Do you know about the filtering in current stable version of JOSM...
>
> Heh, no I didn't until you mentioned it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to make it work; I typed "boundary:administrative" and "boundary=administrative" into the filter box, but am obviously doing it wrong...and the relevant part of the documentation says "see below" and has a "TODO:Where below?" comment on it. I'm willing to fix it, but I don't know how the filtering works to begin with.

Adding a rule by default makes that object(s) non-selectable, it goes
a blackish colour and you just can't click on it, if you want to hide
the object(s) completely you need to tick the box under the 'H' (for
hide) column.

The filtering uses the same method to find objects as the find box, so
try ctrl+f and searching for various objects first to see what may
become hidden, also it's boundary=administrative