[OSM-dev] Data source for robot

Andrew wynndale at lavabit.com
Tue Oct 12 17:50:31 BST 2010

Matt Amos <zerebubuth <at> gmail.com> writes:

> of course, the best thing is that these automated edits never happen
> at all, instead that tools are provided (like the geofabrik inspector,
> keep-right or the duplicate nodes map) to help the community fix these
> errors themselves. we need to start cracking down on these disruptive
> and counter-productive bots.

The duplicate nodes map is not the best example of this. People have sometimes
jumped in and done heavy edits not based on local knowledge. A bot that joined
roads to other roads (and only to other roads) at county boundaries would
actually be more constructive as we could then add a notice that this issue
with TIGER roads has been fixed completely.

--
Andrew