[OSM-dev] pbf2osm development has started [code to test!]

Hartmut Holzgraefe hartmut at php.net
Sun Oct 24 22:35:16 BST 2010

On 09/24/2010 10:10 PM, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> As far as I can see with a quick look we are in a state of functional.
[...]
> (you need to have protobuf-c installed, to compile it, see the Makefile
> for that)

took a bit to figure out that things do not work the protobuf-c version
that comes with Ubuntu Maverik.

For this and other reasons i have taken the freedom to autotoolize
things ... and while i was on it i also fixed most compiler warnings
and tried to tweak performance a little bit, mostly by simplifying
itoa() as it needs to work with base 10 only anyway, Perf. gain
is about 5-10% ...

My code is currently visible on

   http://github.com/hholzgra/hartmut-pbf2osm

To build from a fresh checkout you now need to:

   ./autogen.sh
   ./configure
   make

or just

   ./configure
   make

when downloading the "make dist" tarball from

   http://php-baustelle.de/pbf2osm-0.11.tar.gz

(the 0.11 as version number is rather arbitrary ...)