[OSM-dev] How to get non-technical users easily editing (offline)?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:17:20 BST 2010

On 22 September 2010 18:10, Sam Wilson <sam at archives.org.au> wrote:
> (This project, by the way, if anyone's interested, is to assist power pole
> assessors in Western Australia; people who travel thousands of kms a month

Are you planning to upload pole locations to OSM? The poles are of
interest to some, but I'm thinking the pole reference numbers to
lat/lon would be useful. Someone else expressed interest in emergency
phone reference numbers, so they could be used to more quickly locate
people, apparently private road ways don't need to supply this
information to government.

> all over the state, driving all the back ways and small roads, and taking
> note of fences, gates, power lines.

Do these people keep GPS tracks by any chance?