[OSM-dev] Harmless edits

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Dec 3 11:38:56 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 12/03/2011 12:01 PM, Sarah Hoffmann wrote:
> There is a small oddity: when a non-agreeing user deleted an object
> then the script notes that down as a zero-edit and ignores the fact
> that the object is gone. Example:

Indeed. While not relevant for the kind of processing I had in mind
(colouring existing objects) that should be fixed to avoid
misunderstandings.

> I'm also slightly confused by the user summary. What do 'relevant change'
> and 'no change' mean? I would have expected 'relevant change' to be only
> those that are non-zero edits by non-agreers but that does not seem to be
> the case.

Yes, that is maybe an unfortunate choice of wording on my part.

Our *default* assumption is that any edit by a non-agreer makes an
object problematic.

If an agreer makes a harmless change, or if a non-agreer makes a
significant change, then that doesn't change anything compared to our
default assumption.

If, on the other hand, a non-agreer's change is found to be harmless,
then *that* is a relevant change in so far as it might actually change
the colour of an object on the map (from orange to not shown or whatever).

Bye
Frederik