[OSM-dev] Harmless edits

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Dec 3 12:07:56 GMT 2011

Am 03.12.2011 12:38, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/03/2011 12:01 PM, Sarah Hoffmann wrote:
>> There is a small oddity: when a non-agreeing user deleted an object
>> then the script notes that down as a zero-edit and ignores the fact
>> that the object is gone. Example:
>
> Indeed. While not relevant for the kind of processing I had in mind
> (colouring existing objects) that should be fixed to avoid
> misunderstandings.

There are two aspects to this

- is object deletion an operation that we consider trivial and not
worthy of protection. Wrong mailing list for that discussion, but if the
answer is "no" (unlikely IMHO) we would actually have to undo the deletions

- we will want to keep a list (a map) of such objects for potential
replacement of objects that were replaced by "non-agreers" (non-agreer
deletes a object and creates a new object in its place)

Simon