[OSM-dev] Harmless edits

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Dec 3 18:36:42 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 12/03/2011 01:07 PM, Simon Poole wrote:
> - is object deletion an operation that we consider trivial and not
> worthy of protection. Wrong mailing list for that discussion, but if the
> answer is "no" (unlikely IMHO) we would actually have to undo the deletions

And when a denier creates an object and another denier deletes it we
vanish in a puff of logic ;)

> - we will want to keep a list (a map) of such objects for potential
> replacement of objects that were replaced by "non-agreers" (non-agreer
> deletes a object and creates a new object in its place)

I thought about this but I guess it's not worth the effort since you'd
be resurrecting stuff that has been collecting dust in hiding for,
potentially, years and therefore might be quite inaccurate.

Bye
Frederik