[OSM-dev] capitals; normalizing true, yes and 1

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Feb 1 18:26:54 GMT 2011

Hi,

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> I wonder if we really need different values for the same thing

In this specific case, no; but in the general case, it is really for the
user to decide.

> and what others do to solve this issue.

You can use the Osmosis "tagtransform" rules to create the kind of data
consistency you want. Lots of things are possible here but only on the
data consumer side - e.g. if you know you want to render all tracktype=1
tracks like service roads and all other tracks as one simple kind of
track, you can consolidate the data accordingly *before* it enters
osm2pgsql, and dropping the tracktype column from your database.

> Shall we change the values in the
> main db? This could be done automatically e.g. by adding a rule to
> fixbot or similar.

It is not something we normally do.

Bye
Frederik