[OSM-dev] Inherited an OSM server - guidance needed please

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Thu Feb 17 15:01:51 GMT 2011

Hi!

It sounds like the select statements for z1-10 take longer than the tirex
timeout, so the renderer is killed and the postgres process is orphaned.
Those zoomlevels are the worst if the render layers and DB are not optimized
as a lot of data is gathered from the huge areas. Under bad conditions,
rendering one of those may take more than 5 minutes.

As a first step, I would recommend to set the tirex timeout in
etc/tirex/tirex.conf to a very high value, say an hour. That should tell you
whether your render tasks just take too long or actually run into an error.

The renderer and the DB can coexist very well on the same machine, my guess
is that it might work better than a remote setup. How fast ist the DB
server?

bye
                Nop