[OSM-dev] mod_tile-renderd Memory Issue

Haseeb Anwar Ul Haq fastisb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 07:13:34 GMT 2011

Hi,
     I have built my own openstreetmap server (Ubuntu 10.04).I
am using mod_tile and renderd to serve tiles.Now I am facing a memory
problem.The computer has 8 Gb ram and when I start renderd with 4 threads
and when 5-6 people start browsing different parts of the world
simultaneously ram gets filled up (near 8gb) in a matter of 2-3 hours.I
searched the internet for answers regarding any memory leak problem and
found a solution from an old post (~2008) that limit the threads from 4 to
1.Now when I rebooted the system and started the renderd with 1 thread(by
changing /etc/renderd.conf) but I am still facing the same memory problem
but this time memory fills up slowly but gradually fills up the whole
memory.

The computer is only used for serving tiles and nothing else.
The munin memory graph is: http://i51.tinypic.com/2iivnz9.png

Can anyone please help me out.Thank you so much and waiting for a response.

Regards,
Haseeb

--
*

P Before you print think about the ENVIRONMENT
*