[OSM-dev] Improving History and Monitoring

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat May 7 15:01:37 BST 2011

On 07/05/11 14:33, Mikel Maron wrote:

> * "big" changesets are no longer marked, but that was useful. Want to
> find some non-obtrusive way of visually distinguishing them.
> * would be nice to do a similar same thing with bots. Is there a bot
> flag in the db?

The correct solution to this is to sort out OWL integration. I have
previously refused patches to do other heuristics and I see no reason to
change that policy.

> * Need to set a minimum height on the map.

Fixed by me yesterday.

> * The real way to deal with big and bot changesets is to have this
> listing driving by OWL. What's needed to make that happen?

We need to sort out hardware so we can move it to a proper production
status. We had a machine but it turned out not to have enough disk and
now it has been temporarily borrowed for something else.

> * How could we incorporate more visualization tools directly, like
> ITOMapper?

This has to be subject to the usual caveats about not relying on
external services on the main site.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)