[OSM-dev] Improving History and Monitoring

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat May 7 16:18:24 BST 2011

On 07/05/11 16:12, Mikel Maron wrote:

> In this case, we're just talking about if this is a good usability
> feature, or not. To me it's good, was good, and now it's less usable in
> a way than before.

I have never found any use for the big changeset indication that was
there before, other than to make me depressed when I click on history
for a random area and find, invariably, that 19 of the 20 edits listed
are shown as big.

> I don't see how you can argue that it's a bad usability feature to
> visually distinguish big/bot/friend edits.

I have no objection to distinguishing friend edits, or bot edits (if we
had a way to know which they were, which we don't).

I don't see the point of distinguishing "big" edits because people don't
really care - the only thing they really case about is whether the edit
touches a given area. Big is simply a (poor) proxy for that.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/