[OSM-dev] Improving History and Monitoring

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 16:46:31 BST 2011

> I have refused to apply patches which do that, because I want somebody to fix
>it properly and I am trying to incentivise people to do so.

Tom, you're talking about integrating OWL, yes? And in principle, that's the
best solution ... but it's been over a year that I've heard that, and I just
want to improve things now, in a way I possibly can.

So, you've said the need is simply hardware to put OWL in production? That's not
something I can do, and I'm not aware of what the priority or difficulty of that
is for Grant. How can we assess that?
What else would need doing to integrate OWL, in software? That I might be able
to do ... but I do think Matt would be able to do this much more quickly. Happy
to help.

In the mean time, I want to look at ways to visually distinguish different types
of changesets.

Anyone have a good idea or mockup for that design? Would colors be sufficient?
Small icons? Filtering client side? (filtering server side might hit
perfornance...)

-Mikel