[OSM-dev] release of full-history extracts

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Mon May 30 15:35:03 BST 2011

Am 30.05.2011 16:06, schrieb Martijn van Exel:
> Peter - so cool!
>
> I did some work independently of this thinking about a good way to
> store history in a spatial database.

> Is this the same line of thought you are having for the DB schema?

I think the imposm-way with having tables grouped by tags (a "amenity"
table, a "highway=roadway" and a "oll other highways" table) will be the
better approach when it comes to rendering.

This is different then what is needed for a history api - here we need
the classic schema with nodes, ways, relations.

My personal, next goal is to get a WMS up that allows displaying the map
at arbitrary dates, so I'll go the imposm-route.

Peter