[OSM-dev] osmconvert c++ for testing

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue May 31 04:53:26 BST 2011

That looks interesting, thanks for sharing. I will have to see

I was working on a c++ framework here, it was pretty fast
https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesmikedupont/+junk/EPANatReg

maybe i can weave in some ideas and help improve your code.

the osmconvert code was being used to do basic osmosis tasks,
splitting along bboxes, i guess along polygons would be nice.

thanks for sharing, when I have time, will look into osmium.

mike

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Any reason why you don't use osmium? It comes with a realy nice
> osmium_convert tool in the examples that can convert from .osm to .pbf
> and back and also supports history-files (includeing the visible flag).
>
> Jochen didn't came around to merge the obf-writer so I'd put a link here
> to my repo:
> https://github.com/MaZderMind/osmium
>
> I already converted the full-experimentel-planet with it (25 GB bz2/xml)
> without bigger problems.
>
> Peter
>
> Am Montag, den 30.05.2011, 08:12 +0200 schrieb Philipp Borgers:
>> I would rewrite this in c++ with protobuf for c++ and libxml2 or
>> something similar. Any reason why you use the old code base? Looks
>> pretty ugly.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Philipp
>>
>> On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 06:47 +0200, Mike Dupont wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I have done a first step and converting osmconvert to c++, it now
>> > compiles and I did some simple tests.
>> > https://github.com/h4ck3rm1k3/C---port-of-osmconvert
>> >
>> > The gcc caught at least one error, a function being called with more
>> > parameters than declared... see diff. I wonder how that worked out at
>> > runtime..
>> >
>> > testers are welcome to report bugs.
>> >
>> > mike

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania
flossk.org flossal.org