[OSM-dev] helping #switch2osm

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Mon Jan 16 12:38:51 GMT 2012

On 12/01/2012 22:10, Ian Dees wrote:
> During the book sprint last year I put together Richard's blog post
> and some stuff related to renderd/tirex to create this chapter in the
> book:
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/openstreetmap/setting-up-your-own-tile-server/
>
> It should be fairly complete and copy-pasteable. I'd be more than
> happy to make changes if anyone sees errors.

One thing that I have noticed is that Mapnik source isn't in svn any more:

mapniksvn: Repository moved permanently to
'https://github.com/mapnik/mapnik'; please relocate

The problem is larger than just that one issue though - things get
updated all the time, and there isn't (as far as I'm aware) a "stable"
version of the required software in one place that works now and will
stay working when Mapnik upgrades to version x+1 or someone updates
mod_tile to support more environments.

Cheers,
Andy