[OSM-dev] [GSoC] OpenStreetMapWidget

Aleksandra Milanovic sandraa.milanovic at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 23:39:06 BST 2012

Hi Parveen,
Sorry for the late response.
Are you using the widget from a cell phone or...?
In any case, I use leaflet's (leaflet.js) feature: navigator.geolocation

My assumption is, if you're using a PC or a cell phone w/o GPS turned
on, the geolocation will not be as precise as it would be in optimal
situation (i.e. GPS or Chrome/Chromium on a PC that has an internet
connection form a router that was "found" by a phone with a GPS and
it's MAC address mapped by Google - don't know the details about the
last one, though)

Thanks,
Sandra