[OSM-dev] Implementing usability improvements

Paweł Paprota ppawel at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 4 10:19:21 BST 2012

Hi all,

I would like to ask about the current status of usability/features
discussion in OpenStreetMap, mainly openstreetmap.org.

I think a lot of things can be improved in terms of the OSM project
front page usability to bring it more on par with similar offerings
(Google Maps, Bing Maps). Some of them are listed and tracked in [1],
true, but I am slightly confused on what is the general direction. Is it
OK to just start hacking on the website project in github or is there
some major overhaul coming up and it's better to wait/focus on other
stuff?

TIA for any pointers.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Tasks

Paweł