[OSM-dev] History statistics

Maurizio Napolitano napoogle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:07:43 BST 2012

I suggest you to use osm-history-splitter (to obtain some places) and
osm-history-renderer
https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-renderer
Togheter with osm-history-renderer there is the program osm-history-import
This create for you some postgis tables, with this table you can query the
database and find the answer to your questione.
In any case this doesn't solve the problem of the dimension, but, i think,
after the import you have all the data to have more statistics.

Ciao

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Aurélien FILEZ <kinju59 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm searching history statistics of the french territory contributions in
> order to make some graphics about :
> - Number of "named roads"
> - Numbers of "house numbers"
> - Number of kilometers of different types of roads (highway, primary,
> secondary, tertiary, residential).
>
> I tried OSMIUM with the last avalable france.osh.pbf, but data are too many
> data and cause bad allocs errors on a 8 Gb memory server.
>
> I also saw an osmosis plugin with a patch which does not work since it has
> been moved from SVN to GIT.
>
> Actually, I ask myself if it was possible to importe an API 6 data with
> osmosis, with full history of each data, and having everything to request my
> desired data with SQL queries ?
>
> The goal is to extracts theses statistics, and put it manually in some
> graphs on a document, I don't care if the process takes one week to import
> and some efforts to produce and execute queries.
>
> (I prefer ask before trying ;) )
>
> Thank you all,
> Kin

Maurizio "Napo" Napolitano