[OSM-dev] History statistics

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Jul 16 14:19:05 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 01:28:50PM +0200, Aurélien FILEZ wrote:
> I'm searching history statistics of the french territory contributions in
> order to make some graphics about :
> - Number of "named roads"
> - Numbers of "house numbers"
> - Number of kilometers of different types of roads (highway, primary,
> secondary, tertiary, residential).
>
> I tried OSMIUM with the last avalable france.osh.pbf, but data are too many
> data and cause bad allocs errors on a 8 Gb memory server.

What exactly did you do?

If you use the RangeFromHistory handler to filter out one specific date in the
history and then the Statistics handler, you should be able to generate some
statistics, though not exactly the kind of statistics you are asking for. But
you can use the Statistics handler as a model on how to write your own.

You'd have to tun the thing several times, each time filtering out a different
date with RangeFromHistory.

Or you write your own handler that directyl works on history data, but thats
a bit more tricky.

In any case it should not need 8GB for all of this. You might have used the
MmapAnon node storage instead of SparseTable handler. This explains the
different options:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmium/Storing_Node_Positions

Jochen