[OSM-dev] Useful post-bot visualisation?

ikonor ikonor at gmx.de
Wed Jul 18 10:26:29 BST 2012

> Does it only work on an OSM file data source or will it work on an apidb or
> pgsnapshot source too?

The plugin should work with all Osmosis data sources, though I haven't
tested that yet.

>> - how to best extract bot changesets only
>
> Given a list of changesets I have a newly-announced
> (http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2012-July/025307.html) tool
> that can generate .osc files for them without having to issue /download
> requests for each from the API. I also have a local mirror of replication
> diffs so I could generate these without being limited by network speed.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had read your mail, but thought it might
not be the right thing to download lots of changesets. But with a little
tweaking - e.g. getting the time span from bot logs, changing the filter
- and a local diff mirror it might well be.

>> - similar to what Frederik mentioned, the result would be static an not
>> take remapping into account
>
> If it were re-run on a more recent extract would it take remapping into
> account?

Basically, the tool is merely showing changes. I'm thinking about adding
a filter to the OpenLayers viewer. With that I can think of the
following ways how might actually be somewhat helpful for remapping:

a) With a post-bot extract and re-runs you won't see the bot changes
anymore, but could monitor remappings by filtering all changes where the
bot is the user of the old version.

b) With a pre-bot extract and using all changes, remapped bot changes of
non-deleted objects would be "removed" (I guess) by simplifying the
changefile on re-runs, remaining bot changes could be filtered by user
of the new version. Deleted objects will remain but you could see
created objects at the same position when showing all changes. With
increasing number of changes the map will probably get quite slow over time.