[OSM-dev] Useful post-bot visualisation?

Thu Jul 19 12:11:47 BST 2012

Am 2012-07-17 09:48, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> However that would not account for stuff deleted by the bot. To
> highlight that, I would have to access pre-bot information which is also
> possible. But then again, stuff edited by the bot would vanish from the
> map once someone else has modified it, whereas stuff that I highlight
> because it has been deleted by the bot would remain there forever.

I think having a static layer showing exactly what the bot deleted would
be extremely useful. (Both in terms of nodes/ways deleted, and
nodes/ways where tags were deleted.)

"Stuff last edited by the bot" does not seem too useful for me - if the
bot deletes a lot of useful information from a node, and then someone
adds something small and unrelated, the node would disappear from the list.

I think the only proper way would be, as you suggested, some kind of
interface where you can manually mark the elements as "replaced/fixed",
for elements deleted or edited by the bot. Maybe something customized? I
don't know how much effort that would require, but it seems rather
straightforward (a list of change IDs with associated boolean flags,
plus a changelog containing user, timestamp, id and new state).

Kind regards,
Jan