[OSM-dev] StyleSheet Generator for OSM [GSoC'12]

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Sun Mar 25 13:06:59 BST 2012

Hi All,

I want to apply for OSM GSoC.
I am having idea of "StyleSheet Generator for OSM", i.e. users can
create style-sheets of their own choice based upon their own
preferences and requirements and those stylesheets can be used using
any renderer.

Using this maps for Map for visually handicapped can be created
easily, the one who can't read small fonts or are having color
blindness, so that maps suitable for them can be easily available.
This can have many more benefits like any one who wants to show
particular roads or points on the map can generate the style-sheets
for that.

One more thing is that there is lot of work already has been done to
set up map tile server that one can easily do that using few commands,
and that can be more useful applied with stylesheet generator.

Please let me know If something similar already exist so that I can
check that and can look for improvements in that if required.

If there is nothing exist similar, this can be feasible during the
GSoC time period.

Please give your valuable suggestions, feedback and improvements or
anything else that can be done along with this idea.

Thank You.

--
Parveen Arora
www.parveenarora.in