[OSM-dev] mod_tile stable version ?

Bernard Fouché bernard.fouche at kuantic.com
Tue Mar 26 18:27:55 UTC 2013

Le 26/03/2013 17:51, Sven Geggus a écrit :
> Bernard Fouché <bernard.fouche at kuantic.com> wrote:
>
>> Tirex compilation completed, now I'm battling to understand where to fix
>> a mysterious "renderer internal error"  generated by
>> tirex-backend-manager: I have mod_tile talking to tirex-master, the
>> back-end manager sees the requests and then takes some time before
>> failing with this message for each tile to generate.
> Both, tirex-master and tirex-backend-manager can be run in foreground in
> debug mode (-d) which is very helpful. And then there is tirex-status, which
> is also a very helpful tool (of course only after tirex is already running).
>
> Sven
In the end it was a font problem. All in all with the F18 mapnik RPM, I
still have to get the SVN mapnik version to get the osm.xml file + the
fonts. Messages like 'renderer internal error" don't help much! But at
least it seems to work correctly (no crash) and rendering seems faster
with Tirex than renderd.

Thanks,

   Bernard