[OSM-dev] Server configuration: (Urgent problem) pink tiles while requesting lvl 16, 17 & 18 tiles

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:44:42 UTC 2013

On 14 October 2013 17:20, Álvaro Enríquez de Luna Muñoz
<aenriquezdeluna at many-worlds.es> wrote:

> This co-worker isn't working with us anymore, and I am currently facing an urgent problem. Requested tiles from levels 16, 17 and 18 from zones that have never been visited (the app was being used in very restricted areas and now different zones have been enabled) are showing as pink squares.

Hi there,

It sounds to me like your rendering daemon has died - either renderd,
or tirex, depending on your original setup. Without the rendering
daemon mod_tile will continue to serve tiles that it has rendered
already, but cannot request rendering of any new tiles. The default
appearance of missing tiles on OpenLayers is a (nasty) pink
background, which again sounds like it fits your situation.

Cheers,
Andy