[OSM-dev] Overlapping Attribute Sections per Way

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi
Wed Oct 23 20:52:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sounds like linear referencing and dynamic segmentation. Something to read
about that
http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/xmlui/bitstream/handle/url/166/iCarto.pdf?sequence=1

This is heavy GIS. The OSM method is to split the way to as many sections
as needed so that each segment has the same set of tags and constant
values for all the tags.

-Jukka Rahkonen-