[OSM-dev] Overlapping Attribute Sections per Way

yvecai yvecai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 21:06:59 UTC 2013

It's much simpler than that:
Each of your section can consist of several ways in osm. Each way will
have its own attributes( we call them tags, which are key=value pairs).
But then all ways can be member of single relation, your route.
Incidentally these relation have type=route in OSM.

Just like this relation :
Whose members are :
     http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/202847037 (with attributes
highway=track, network=nwn)
     http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/202847040 (with attribute
highway=track only)

You can find a lot of hiking routes from
http://www.waymarkedtrails.org/en/#routes
Yves