[OSM-dev] Chinese spam diaries, an analysis

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 3 16:42:54 UTC 2014

> maybe we could have a crowd-sourced approach and introduce a "spam"-flag
> that logged-in users could set, i.e. another button in the "comment",
> "reply" line which says something like "flag as spam", with a counter,
> and if more than x people have clicked on it we would automatically or
> manually hide/delete the post. This should work similar to our
> stackexchange-like helpsystem (you can flag or unflag with the same button).

Because nobody has ever thought of that before, or maybe discussed how
it might work, or... Oh, but they have:

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/841

You might also notice that there hasn't actually been any such spam for
nearly a fortnight now. Maybe the administrators noticed there was a
problem and made a change to combat it?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)