[OSM-dev] Chinese spam diaries, an analysis

Andreas Labres list at lab.at
Thu Dec 4 12:06:10 UTC 2014

On 04.12.14 12:33, Tom Hughes wrote:
> So in other words, most of things we already factor in to our spam scoring...
> We're just not quite as rigid.

A (hidden) spam score is bad (IMO). Nobody sees it, almost nobody can test it.

A documented "user level" with documented rules would make much more sense and
(IMO) would much more likely be accepted.

> In particular you can still post (within reason) without having made any edits
> - it is actually surprisingly common for non-spammers to do that.

OSM is not a blog site. OSM is about making the data better. Once you have
somehow figured out a little bit how OSM works, you could blog about it. IMO.

/al