[OSM-dev] Contributing to OSM/Overpass

Josh Huffman jahshuwuh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 02:36:13 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am doing an independent study as part of my Computer Science degree at
the University I attend and am interested in contributing to OpenStreeMap.
 For the last month I have been researching different aspects of OSM and
getting familiar with all the working parts.  I am particularly interested
in working on clickable POI's and ran across the Overpass API.  My question
is in your opinion (those of you involved with Overpass) where would be a
good place to start as far as jumping into source code?  I browsed through
the github page and didn't see a lot of commented up code, is there some
more documentation somewhere?  I have read through the wiki.  Anyhow, I'm
wanting to code in C++ and get some practice with a larger project such as
this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

-Josh