[OSM-dev] Application for Google Summer of Code 2015

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Fri Feb 13 22:16:57 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I just wanted to mention that I specifically talked to GSoC about if it was
an issue if OSM and HOT applied separately. They said it wasn't.

Key is to have solid applications and have really good project lists.

Serge, I think over the past two years what has been helpful is OSM hasn't
had a ton of students. Instead we've had just a few, that way we get people
really interested. The years before when we were getting 6 or 7 slots it
was hard to find mentors and hard to find quality interested students.

Best,

-Kate