[OSM-dev] Extracting data for testing low scale rendering

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Jul 14 17:14:01 UTC 2015

W dniu 13.07.2015 19:28, Paul Norman napisał(a):

> Import on a more powerful machine, delete unwanted data,
> re-sort/re-cluster tables, and pg_dump with -Z 9. That's what I did
> with
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2015-July/028625.html

Great, thanks!

1. I'm not familiar with databases, how should I restore it? I try with
just:

$ pg_restore --dbname=gis -O --verbose planet-lz-150202.dump

I gave -O, because it was complaining that role "pnorman" does not exist
(of course), but I'm not sure if it will work and more guessing and
repeating this import would be tedious.

2. Could you also publish exact script/commands you have used to create
it? For low zoom levels testing this dump should be enough for some
time, but it would be good to know how to create a newer version.

down" [A. Cohen]