[OSM-dev] carto 0.16.0 released

Jóhannes Birgir Jensson joi at betra.is
Wed Apr 13 08:51:59 UTC 2016

Þann 13.04.2016 07:25, Oleksiy Muzalyev reit:
> A civil UAV pilot usually studies a map of the area, weather forecast,
> satellite images, etc. while working on a flight plan. An icon of a
> tower with its height on the map would be beneficial in my opinion.

Whilst I agree a tower icon might be nice (but I'm more thinking of
rural Botswana where they are the only links to the outside world) a UAV
pilot might want to check out 3D maps as well - where if the heights are
marked in OSM this will be more obvious:

F4Map and Odessa tower:
http://demo.f4map.com/#lat=46.4501075&lon=30.7396214&zoom=17
OSMBuildings:
http://osmbuildings.org/?lat=46.45011&lon=30.73962&zoom=16.2&rotation=-10&tilt=45

Clearly any map catering to UAV needs might have to color the buildings
by their height - not their role.