[OSM-dev] Experimenting with ClearTables, self-hosted vector tiles, and Tangram client-side rendering

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Thu Aug 25 08:59:23 UTC 2016

On 25/08/16 10:27, Paul Norman wrote:
> On 8/25/2016 12:45 AM, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
>
>> One more thing, for some reason the search of the Tangram map does
>> not find Odessa, Ukraine.
>
> Tangram doesn't have a search functionality, what's on that page is
> provided by some geocoding provider. It's not my page so I don't know
> what it's using, but given Tangram is developed by Mapzen, it's
> probably Mapzen's geocoder.

Thank you for the clarification. Everything is clear now.

By the way, Mapzen Search also gives incorrect result while search for
"Odessa"
https://mapzen.com/products/search/?query=Odessa&endpoint=search . It
shows the city on the map correctly, but claims that it is Odessa,
Moldova, though it's definitely should be Odessa, Ukraine [1].

For a short period of time, from 1941 to 1944 both Odessa and Moldova
were part of the Transnistria Governorate [2], but the search should
display the current status. I will inform Mapzen about the issue.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria_Governorate

Best regards,
Oleksiy