[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap.org site statistics

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Tue Dec 13 11:50:17 UTC 2016

вт, 13 дек. 2016 г. в 13:55, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu>:

> On 13/12/16 10:33, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:
>
> > It lists awstats for www, planet, and wiki. They all are down.
>
> Interesting. I wasn't aware that had ever been public.
>
> I think it does still try to run but frankly it's pretty hopeless with
> the volume of data we have I think.

Looking at https://github.com/openstreetmap/chef/tree/master/cookbooks/stats -
it should be public. No auth attempts that I see in configs.

> > What is current way to look at statistics on osm.org <http://osm.org>
> > visits, planet accesses and wiki popularity?
>
> I don't think there are any public statistics.

Are there non-public statistics?
Ghostery extension suggests there is Piwik installation on osm.org.

It's generally a tricky thing to do because of the privacy issues
> involved and the need to make sure things are aggregated into big enough
> buckets to avoid revealing anything we shouldn't.

What exactly and why shouldn't be revealed?