[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code Project Idea

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Wed Mar 15 21:21:23 UTC 2017

Hello Subhani,

thank you for your interest in our great project OpenStreetMap!

As you might have noticed on the GSoC page, there's a link for each
organization where you can find a list of project ideas students might
work on. Our list is in the wiki, here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2017/Project_Ideas

You should read them carefully and have a look if there's anything of
interest for you, something you'd like to work on. If you did, we can
give you detailed help depending on the idea you chose.

No matter what, you should also make yourself comfortable with
OpenStreetMap and as a first step we always encourage students to create
an account and map some data. I.e. go out where you're living and
collect some data and add them to our database and see how the map
grows. That's a good start to get known to OSM and how it works.

Hope that helps,
Peda