[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Cartographic: A client-side rendered OpenStreetMap Carto

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue May 26 08:15:57 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-25 1:15 a.m., Maarten Deen wrote:
> Still, it looks to be a very simplified subset of the complete data.
> So I'd be interested to see how this works on a full dataset.

No, it has the full data except for admin boundaries and bay/straight
names on zoom 7 and 8. When you compare it to OpenStreetMap Carto
they're pretty similar. There are some labeling differences with sizes
of labels and when labels come in, but those don't have anything to do
with performance or size.